The City of Graham has launched the 2021-2022 Business Beautification Grant to encourage private investment in the renovation and rehabilitation of existing properties along the City’s corridors.
Donor Name: City of Graham
State: North Carolina
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/3/2021
Size of the Grant: $5,000
The program will provide financial assistance in the form of a grant to non-residential property owners for the purpose of improving the street-side appearance of their existing buildings and site features.
The goal is to enhance the City’s corridor appearance and achieve compliance with current regulations where necessary.
- Projects are funded on a 50-50 matching basis up to a maximum $5,000 per award
- Applicants shall not be awarded more than 50% of the total project costs through any combination of funds from City of Graham grant programs.
- Project scope, cost, and proposed building elevations/materials and site improvements must be approved by the City prior to final award determination.
- Only one (1) award is made per owner or tenant within a twelve-month period, per platted lot.
- First-time applications are given priority.
- Applicants may be either owners or current tenants (must provide owner’s written consent) of existing non-residentially developed properties fronting on a roadway corridor within the city limits or ETJ of Graham.
- Current or proposed use of the property must conform to applicable zoning regulations. Nonconforming uses will not be considered.
- Applicant shall not have any outstanding debt to the City.
- Projects located in the Graham Downtown Historic District must receive an approved Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) for the work submitted in this application prior to the Appearance Commission meeting in which these grant funds will be awarded (December 6, 2021).
- At least one quote must come from independent contractors/vendors without a direct familial relation (as defined by 160D- 109) to the applicant or companies owned by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the required number of quotes.
For more information, visit City of Graham.