Youth Grantmakers in Action (YGA) of The Winston-Salem Foundation is a diverse group of youth from across Forsyth County that comes together to gain leadership experience, represent teens in their community, voice their opinions, and make grants to youth-directed projects that address community issues and challenges in Forsyth County.
Donor Name: The Winston-Salem Foundation
State: North Carolina
County: Forsyth County (NC)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
YGA is structured to support authentic, working partnerships between young people and adults in designing these community change projects.
Youth Grantmakers in Action (YGA) creates an avenue for youth, ages 15–18, to play a meaningful role in philanthropy in Forsyth County.
YGA is a diverse and youth-led group who live in or attend school in Forsyth County. They come together to gain leadership experience, represent youth in their community, voice their opinions, and make grants to youth-directed projects that address community issues and challenges in Forsyth County.
The program supports authentic, working partnerships between youth grantmakers and other youth who are creating meaningful projects for community change.
Guidelines for Funding
- Your project must have a positive impact on youth in Forsyth County.
- Your project must be planned by youth and carried out by youth.
- The majority of your group should be under the age of 18.
- Your project must be completed by August 31, 2022.
- At least two youth members from your group must be available for virtual interviews Saturday, February 26th.
- Each group must have an adult ally/advisor and a sponsoring organization. This sponsoring organization can be a community group or school.
- Each group must follow all recommended safety procedures for COVID-19 when implementing their project.
For more information, visit Youth Grantmakers in Action.