The Last Mile Education Fund is seeking application for its Microsoft Cybersecurity Scholarship Program.
Donor Name: Last Mile Education Fund
State: All State
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Scholarship
Size of the Grant: $500
The US has a cybersecurity workforce shortage of nearly 500,000 trained professionals, yet only 3% of US students attain a credential in computer and information sciences and far fewer specialize in cybersecurity. The Last Mile Education Fund and Microsoft are working together to address the diversity and talent shortages in the cybersecurity workforce by investing in students like you.
- Emergency financial assistance up to $500
- Subsidies to cover the cost of cybersecurity certification licensing exams up to $375
- AND free LinkedIn Premium accounts to help close the networking gap
- AND access to local GitHub sponsored events and GitHub Education benefits, including the Student Developer Pack
- Residents of the United States
- Students currently enrolled in a cybersecurity-related program at a two-year institution in the United States, such as a community college or technical school
- Students who are able to demonstrate financial need by providing Pell Grant eligibility, financial aid award letters, or other evidence of need
- All students with financial need are eligible to apply. Students from groups who are underrepresented in cybersecurity are especially encouraged to apply, including those who identify as women, non-binary, and/or Black/LatinX/Indigenous, veterans, and/or have a disability.
For more information, visit Microsoft Cybersecurity Scholarship Program.