United Way of the Ouachitas is accepting grant applications for the 2022/2023 grant process.
Donor Name: United Way of the Ouachitas
County: Clark County (AR), Garland County (AR), Hot Spring County (AR), Montgomery County (AR), Pike County (AR), Polk County (AR), Saline County (AR)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
Agency Application is seeking applications to provide a human service to residents of Clark, Garland, Hot Spring, Montgomery, Pike, Polk, and/or Saline counties.
- The organization must be recognized by the International Revenue Service (IRS) as a tax-exempt organization under 26 U.S. Code 501(c)3 and to which contributions are tax deductible pursuant to 26 U.S.C. 170(c)(2) and the organization is classified as a public charity under U.S.C. 509(a). A copy of the most recent IRS Determination Letter will be required
- File IRS form 990, or pro forma IRS for 990 and show copy of such filing for a period ending no more than 18 months prior to January 2022.
- Have a Certified Public Accountant conduct an audit every other year. Such audits must be completed in a timely manner and one original must accompany the agency’s program funding application each year. The audit must include a management letter and if need be, an action plan for rectifying any deficiencies noted in the management letter.
- Have an active local Board of Directors or Advisory Board.
- Have a policy of non-discrimination (board, staff, volunteers and clients);
- Procure and maintain valid and adequate policies of insurance regarding fire, loss, casualty, indemnity, and general and professional liability if applicable;
- Have written policies on board membership and governance in by-laws;
- Have at least one part time or full time paid employee;
- List of Board of Directors meeting dates during the past 12 months when a quorum was present and the month that you elect new board members;
For more information, visit United Way of the Ouachitas.