The Better Bike Share Partnership is currently accepting Mini-Grant Applications for 2023.
Donor Name: Better Bike Share Partnership
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: 10,000 – $25,000
The Better Bike Share Partnership (BBSP) is a collaboration funded by The JPB Foundation to build equitable and replicable bike share systems. The partners include The City of Philadelphia, the National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO), and the PeopleForBikes Foundation.
The PeopleForBikes Foundation, as part of the Better Bike Share Partnership, will make mini-grants of $10,000 – $25,000 available to non-profit community-based organizations, cities, or shared mobility operators (or collaborations between two or more of these entities) to support smaller, time-bound programs or events in 2023.
Projects must have the broad goal of increasing access to and use of shared micro mobility options in low-income and/or communities of color to be eligible for funding.
Examples of projects that will be considered for funding:
- Events that focus on or include shared micro mobility, such as a ride or ride series, tours in partnership with local businesses, shared micro mobility demos, or other community-based events.
- Neighborhood ambassador programming focused on a specific community or demographic, such as a Learn-to-Ride event or events focused on connecting people to equity pass programs. Examples of specific demographics include, but are not limited to older adults, new immigrants, youth, or people with disabilities.
- Marketing initiatives such as Instagram takeovers with local leaders or special art projects such as bike wraps, as well as promotions linked to a partner such as libraries, museums, or community organizations.
- Staff time. As long as it specifically applies to an eligible initiative.
Mini grant amount: 10,000 – $25,000
- Grant available to non-profit community-based organizations, cities, or shared mobility operators (or collaborations between two or more of these entities) to support smaller, time-bound programs or events in 2023
- BBSP will grant to 501(c) (3) non-profit organizations or to city or county government offices.
BBSP will not fund:
- Bike share stations, bicycles, scooters, or equipment related to the function of the shared micro mobility system
- Bicycle facilities such as bike lanes or paths
- General operating costs
- Programming related to shared micro mobility systems that have not yet launched.
For more information, visit Better Bike Share Partnership.