The Sam L. Cohen Foundation is seeking applications for its Grant Program to benefit individuals living in southern Maine may request support by applying for a responsive grant.
Donor Name: Sam L. Cohen Foundation
Counties: Cumberland County (ME), York County (ME)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Grant Size: $50,000
Priority will be given to organizations and projects that:
- support the underserved, disadvantaged, or those who do not have the resources to provide opportunities for themselves.
- make a significant difference in people’s lives, assuring them a fulfilling and productive future.
- promote human rights and understanding among peoples, address racial and religious discrimination and hatred, and foster peace through education.
- demonstrate a broad base of community support, and/or
- Use collaboration as a means to leverage resources.
The Foundation funds in five program areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Civic and Community
- Health and Human Services
- Jewish Culture and Traditions
The Sam L. Cohen Foundation will consider responsive grant requests for amounts up to $50,000; however, the average grants size awarded is less than $15,000.
Types of Programs the Foundation will Support?
The Foundation will support new programs, on-going programs, and capital improvements. The Foundation will support general operations to organizations whose overall mission aligns with the Foundation’s giving priorities.
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; using a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit; a church, synagogue, temple or mosque; or a political subdivision of the State of Maine that is exempt from federal tax.
- Be located in and/or provide programs or services with direct impact on people in Cumberland and/or York counties, Maine.
- Have submitted the final grant report if you received a grant previously from the Foundation.
- Not have received a grant from the Foundation in the previous calendar year.
For more information, visit Grant Program.