The Resist Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to support people’s movements for justice and liberation.
Donor Name: Resist Foundation
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: up to $4,000
Resist funds groups that:
- Groups that actively build new systems that provide alternatives to the ones they’re fighting now. These groups live into transformative justice by creating community-based alternatives to dehumanizing or inaccessible institutions and systems. This work might look like: alternatives to policing, urban gardens, cooperative childcare, etc.
- Build Resilience
Types of Grants
- General Support Grants
- General Support Grants are available for up to $4,000 to support groups who are building movements for justice and liberation and resisting systemic oppression through grassroots/cultural organizing, art-making and resilience building. General support grants are awarded by a panel of previously funded Resist grantees. Groups are funded based on the strength of their overall application. Awards can be used to best meet your group’s needs. Groups can only be funded once per 12-month period. There is no limit to the number of times a grantee can receive funds. If a group has been fully funded twice in the past five years, they may apply for a multi-year grant.
- Multi-year Grants
- Open only to current grantees who meet the above requirements and have been fully funded twice (for General Support and Accessibility) in the past five years. Multi-year funding consists of three years of full funding ($4000), starting with the year the multi-year application is submitted. If you are eligible and would like to apply for a Multi-Year Grant, send them an email so they can provide the access code that you will input into their online application system.
- Accessibility Grants
- Resist is committed to supporting projects that enable all people to participate in the movement for justice and liberation. Resist will fund the additional costs of making projects or events more accessible to community members with specific accessibility needs. Accessibility grants are awarded up to $4,000.
- Accessibility grants are awarded by a panel of previously funded Resist grantees. Groups are funded based on the strength of their overall application. Awards can be used to best meet your group’s needs. Groups can only be funded once per 12-month period. There is no limit to the number of times a grantee can receive funds. If a group has been fully funded twice in the past five years, they may apply for a multi-year grant.
- Groups that are aligned with Resist will fit most of the following criteria:
- Their work is located within an ecology of social justice organizations. They are aware of how their work fits into a greater whole. Work reflects a clear understanding of purpose and function within movements for social change
- Have an intersectional / cross-issue analysis
- Work actively against white and Christian supremacy, capitalism, gender, and sexual oppression, and all forms of patriarchy
- Are led by those most affected by structural oppression.
- Eligible Organizations must:
- have an organizational budget under $150,000 per year
- be based in the United States
- be led by those most impacted by intersecting systems of oppression
- be an organization with 501(c)3 status as determined by the IRS, be a federally recognized American Indian tribal government or agency, or be sponsored by one of the above.
For more information, visit Resist Foundation.