Oregon Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Reed and Carolee Walker Fund to support programs for people in poverty, especially children, in Jackson County.
Donor Name: Oregon Community Foundation
County: Jackson County (OR)
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/10/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000 to $150,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
This fund was established in 2003 by a generous bequest from Ashland residents Reed and Carolee Walker.
After assessing community needs and the donors’ intent, OCF established the following funding priorities for the Walker Fund:
- To support people in poverty in Jackson County through:
- Mental health services for children
- Food, shelter, and other emergency assistance for children and families
- Substance use treatment for pregnant people and/or children and families
- Enrichment programs for children
- Food, shelter, and other emergency assistance for individuals
- Dental health services for children
- Otherwise address the focus of the Walker Fund
Only projects serving Jackson County are eligible.
- They believe that creative and sustainable solutions come from people who work in partnership to address common needs and aspirations.
- They give high priority to investments that create positive, substantive change and attempt to resolve problems at their source.
- They recognize and respect Oregon’s diverse regions and populations, and they seek to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion through their programs.
- There is one funding cycle per year for the Reed and Carolee Walker Fund.
- Grants generally range in size from $5,000 to $150,000 and are in proportion to the size and capacity of the applicant organization. The average award size is about $40,000.
General Organizational Eligibility
- 501(c)(3) organizations, Tribal entities and government entities are eligible to apply. Additionally, other types of organizations may work with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor. Applicants must submit formal paperwork confirming the fiscal sponsor relationship.
- Organizations with an active Community Grant or any other OCF grant are eligible to apply.
Note: Early Bird Submissions: All applicants who submit before 5 pm on January 13, 2022 will be entered into a drawing to receive one $2,500 grant for general operating support.
For more information, visit Reed and Carolee Walker Fund.