Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Fund for Youth Sports provided access to quality sports and recreation experiences.
Donor Name: Rochester Area Community Foundation
State: New York
Counties: Livingston County (NY), Monroe County (NY), Ontario County (NY), Seneca County (NY), Wayne County (NY), and Yates County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/07/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000 to $25,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
In 2016, the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation established the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Legacy Fund for Youth Sports at the Community Foundation. The foundations jointly contracted with the Washington, D.C.-based Aspen Institute to produce an independent assessment of the state of play, sports, and recreation for youth in Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties.
- Ranging in size from $5,000 to $25,000. Slightly smaller or larger grants will be considered.
- Prospective applicants with projects requiring substantially smaller grants are encouraged to partner with other agencies to submit a collaborative application.
- Most grants will be for a 12-month duration. Accommodation can be made for projects requiring modest extensions. Multi-year requests will not be considered.
Any 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in the six designated counties (Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates) that serve youth within this geographic area may apply. Government entities and school districts in these counties also may apply, but preference will be given for support of community-engaged programs. Organizations are limited to one application.
To be considered, projects must align with:
- One or more of the “plays” (listed above, with more detail in the State of Play report);
- The above-stated values and will be given the highest priority.
Low priority will be given to requests for ongoing operational costs, capital campaigns, and annual fund drives. Requests for programming and/or capital costs may include equipment requests, including relevant medical equipment.
For more information, visit Rochester Area Community Foundation.