The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry is seeking applications for its Opportunity Grants which are available to nonprofits organizations throughout its four-county service area.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of the Lowcountry
State: South Carolina
Counties: Beaufort County (SC), Colleton County (SC), Hampton County (SC), or Jasper County (SC)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Nonprofit Organizations
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/01/2021
Size of the Grant: $10,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
Opportunity Grants are Community Impact Grants with a grant request budget under $10,000. These grants are designed to stimulate and help launch new programs and projects; or to help focus, enhance, and/or expand an organization’s existing programs and services; or as an investment in a capital project which is a critical enhancement to the mission of the nonprofit organization.
These grants focus on community impact.
There will be a preference for projects or programs that support marginalized members of the communities they serve.
Opportunity Grants are available to nonprofit organizations throughout the Community Foundation’s four-county service area of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties.
The grant term is typically 12 months and grants are made up to $10,000.
To be eligible for funding an organization must:
- Be a nonprofit organization with a tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code, and are not classified as a private foundation;
- Serve the people who live and/or work in the Foundation’s four-county service area: Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper;
- Attend an Impact Information Session within 12 months of application;
- Have a current, up-to-date profile on The Giving Marketplace;
- NEW: Have a social justice statement in place.
For more information, visit Opportunity Grants.