The City of Artesia recognizes the value that non-profit organizations have in providing services that benefit the community of Artesia. The City has implemented a Community Benefits Grant Program to provide monetary assistance to eligible community non-profit organizations to support their efforts to provide social, educational, and cultural services to Artesia residents.
Donor Name: City of Artesia
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
Size of the Grant: $500
Grant Duration: 1 Year
The City of Artesia recognizes the value that other organizations have in providing services that benefit the community and its members. The Community Benefits Grant Program is intended to provide monetary assistance to eligible community non-profit organizations in their efforts to provide social, educational, and cultural services to the community.
Grants will be awarded in maximum amounts of $500 per non-profit organization, with a total of $3,000 to be awarded per budget cycle.
Final grant decisions are made solely by the City Council and will be made one (1) year at a time. Additional years of support are not guaranteed. Total funds available will be determined by the City Council annually. Funds must be expended before June 30, 2022 or they will revert back to the City. Failure to submit a complete application or comply with any of these procedures may remove an application from funding consideration. Failure to abide by the rules and procedures as set forth in this document will result in denial of future funding for the organization.
Eligibility and Policy
To be eligible to apply for grant monies under the City’s Community Benefits Grant Program, a community non-profit organization must satisfy the following standards:
- The organization must operate as a non-profit and provide verification of 501(c)(3) status.
- The organization must serve and publicly benefit the City of Artesia and its residents.
- Applicants must successfully explain how the proposed project or program will serve the City of Artesia and its residents.
- The project or program must directly provide the social service, educational, or cultural program(s) for which grant monies are sought in the City of Artesia.
- Grant monies cannot be used for religious activities.
- Applicants must identify other sources of funding. The City will not be the sole funding source for a project or program.
- Grant Awardees shall recognize the City for awarding grant monies for the project or program.
- Grant Awardees must submit a financial report showing expenses and revenues generated, and disposition of any proceeds generated by the project or program within sixty (60) days of completion of the project or program.
- Grant Awardees must submit a copy of promotional materials distributed in the marketing of the project or program within sixty (60) days of completion of the project or program.
For more information, visit Community Benefit Grant.