Arthur Klinkacek Community Enrichment Fund is seeking applications to support projects or programs in the Kearney area and surrounding communities.
Donor Name: Kearney Area Community Foundation
County: Buffalo County (WI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/01/2022
Grant Size: $5,000
The Kearney Area Community Foundation offers a discretionary grant program for projects, programs, and events that improve the quality of life in the Kearney area. The Arthur Klinkacek Community Enrichment Fund discretionary grant program was developed to provide flexibility for the Kearney Area Community Foundation to address creative ideas, emerging needs, and innovative programs and can be used to leverage dollars from other funding sources.
Discretionary grants are typically more than $5,000 and may be multi-year awards depending on the size and scope of the request.
The Kearney Area Community Foundation awards grants to both private and public organizations.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the organization must be classified as follows:
- Organizations classified as 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service that are in good financial health and well managed, including a charitable group or program that is under the Kearney Area Community Foundation as an approved component fund.
- Governmental agencies for public purposes deemed to be an effective means to address a priority issue. The Kearney Area Community Foundation does not issue funding for the general operating support of a governmental program.
- Public, charter and private/parochial Pre-K-12 schools and post-secondary educational institutions when the request is deemed to be an effective means to address a priority issue, particularly when the issue addresses the needs of a substantial or underserved portion of the community. Requests will only be considered if they are unique and community-oriented, or for pilot programs with potential to be sustainable and replicable. The Kearney Area Community Foundation does not issue funding for the general operating support of a school
system, school, or school program.
- Organizations may only apply once per 12-month period. Single mission organizations or agencies (like the SAFE Center, HelpCare Clinic, etc.) may apply no more frequently than every 12 months after receiving an Arthur Klinkacek Community Enrichment grant from KACF. Multi-mission organizations or agencies (like Buffalo County Community Partners, Kearney Public Schools and the University of Nebraska – Kearney) may apply every year, but no more than two requests may be submitted in any one year by any sub-groups (goal work groups, departments, school buildings, etc). Once the sub-group has been awarded a grant, they will need to sit out for one year before reapplying. The committee will consider grant requests on a case-by-case basis.
- If prior funding has been received, a final grant evaluation must be completed and accepted prior to applying for additional funding.
- The Kearney Area Community Foundation serves the greater Kearney area. Except in extraordinary circumstances, only programs and projects in Buffalo County will be considered for support.
- Preference will be given to programs that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Long-term impact on residents and/or physical environments in the Kearney area (Buffalo County)
- Meaningful, reasonable, and measurable outcomes
- Innovative approaches to address community issues
- Strengthen and enhance community assets
- Build the self-sufficiency of individuals and/or organizations
- Attract additional funding
- Utilize partnerships and/or collaborations
For more information, visit Kearney Area Community Foundation.