The Hubbard County Coalition of Lake Associations (HC COLA) Charitable Fund is seeking grant proposals to provide financial support for charitable and educational programs, projects and activities.
Donor Name: Northwest Minnesota Foundation
County: Hubbard County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/15/2022
Grant Size: $2000
The HC COLA Charitable Fund facilitate cooperation among member lake associations and to assist in encouraging environmentally sustainable use of lakes and watersheds that protect, preserve and enhance the quality of area lakes and their environs including funding for:
- Research, studies or projects on water quality, and shoreland development, aquatic invasive species (AIS) prevention, and disseminating information thereof to member associations and the general public.
- Developing and presenting guidelines concerning the development, and preservation of the rivers, lakes, shorelands and other lands to agencies of the government, business and private individuals in order to bring about appropriate action for the effective use of these valuable natural resources.
- Support of acquisition of property for sustainable public use, e.g. Conservation Easements.
- Support for the establishment of individual lake association educational and charitable funds.
- Other charitable and educational activities that support the HC COLA and associated lake associations.
Eligible projects include, but are not limited to restoration of critical shoreline habitat, buffer strips, rain gardens, shoreline erosion, redirect storm water run-off, AIS prevention, vegetation mapping, and education strategies in cooperation with shoreline restoration projects, public awareness, specialized sampling research, and limited support for scientific studies.
Eligible projects can be used as a local match for Clean Water Legacy Amendment grants or Board of Soil and Water Resources (BSWR) grants.
The Hubbard County Coalition of Lake Associations (HC COLA) Charitable Fund is seeking grant proposals for up to $2000.
The HC COLA Charitable Fund will consider grant applications from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and community groups. The geographic eligibility area is Hubbard County and watersheds that impact Hubbard County. The HC COLA Charitable Fund Advisory Committee may further define the HC COLA area in support of the Funds’ purpose.
Criteria for selection:
- Relationship of the project to HC COLA Charitable Fund mission and goals as stated previously.
- Evidence of grassroots support involving the project, (e.g. letters).
- Identified purpose and need for project.
- Clear goals and action steps for completing the project.
- Description of working relationship(s) with other partner(s) and/or funding sources.
- Potential long-term impact of the project.
- Evidence of an evaluation plan (i.e. participant evaluations or surveys).
- How the project supports the ongoing health of waters / watershed, (e.g. coordination with local water plan, utilization of site as demonstration model, and educational value).
- Proposal for completion, ongoing maintenance, and with status reports as project finishes, plus at 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years.
For more information, visit HC COLA.