The Hubbard County Coalition of Lake Associations is seeking grant proposals up to $2,000.
Donor Name: Hubbard County Coalition of Lake Associations
County: Hubbard County (MN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
Grant Duration: Grant Duration Not Mentioned
The Hubbard County Coalition of Lake Associations Charitable Fund is a component fund of the Northwest Minnesota Foundation.
The HC COLA Charitable Fund provides financial support for charitable and educational programs, projects and activities that facilitate cooperation among member lake associations and to assist in encouraging environmentally sustainable use of lakes and watersheds that protect, preserve and enhance the quality of area lakes and their environs including funding for:
- Research, studies or projects on water quality, and shoreland development, aquatic invasive species (AIS) prevention, and disseminating information thereof to member associations and the general public.
- Developing and presenting guidelines concerning the development, and preservation of the rivers, lakes, shorelands and other lands to agencies of the government, business and private individuals in order to bring about appropriate action for the effective use of these valuable natural resources.
- Support of acquisition of property for sustainable public use, e.g. Conservation Easements.
- Support for the establishment of individual lake association educational and charitable funds.
- Other charitable and educational activities that support the HC COLA and associated lake associations.
Requirements include clear goals and action steps for completing the project, and other criteria such as:
- Description of working relationship(s) with other partner(s) and/or funding sources.
- Evidence of an evaluation plan.
- For every $1 contributed by HC COLA Charitable Fund, applicant must match $1 toward the project. Matches can be comprised of volunteer labor, in-kind services, donated materials, and/or cash.
- Requested funds must be spent in the year requested.
The HC COLA Charitable Fund will consider grant applications from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and community groups. The geographic eligibility area is Hubbard County and watersheds that impact Hubbard County.
For more information, visit NWMF.