Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club’s helping Hens Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation requests proposals from nonprofit organizations seeking to provide programming that promotes the overall fitness and wellness of children enrolled in kindergarten through twelfth grade.
Donor Name: Greater Toledo Community Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: 1,500 to $10,000
Priority will be given to projects that encourage activities during warm weather months. Funds must be used to facilitate participation in an organization’s exercise, sports and/or physical recreation programming. A preference will be placed on programs incorporating an educational component that enables participants to learn skills associated with healthy lifestyles. Funds may be used to cover a participant’s league/enrollment fees, transportation, equipment, uniform costs and program materials.
Eligible venues could include a wide variety of settings including baseball diamonds, archery ranges, swimming pools, football fields, dance studios, track and field complexes or other similar facilities. Priority will be given to projects that clearly indicate how the capital project will increase the number of youth participating in activities or enhance their experiences
It is anticipated that multiple awards will be made in an approximate range of $1,500 to $10,000 each.
- Proposals will only be considered from nonprofit, charitable organizations which have been designated as having tax-exempt status under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service code.
- Priority will be given to projects that clearly indicate how the capital project will increase the number of youth participating in activities or enhance their experiences.
- Capital requests of up to $30,000 will be considered.
- Applicants should clearly indicate any additional revenue sources identified for the proposed projects.
- Priority will be given to projects that have not previously received support from the Helping Hens Fund.
- Organizations that receive a Walleye Wishing Well Fund grant are not eligible for Helping Hens funding in the same calendar year.
- Funds should not be depended upon as an annual source of support.
For more information, visit Greater Toledo Community Foundation.