The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), announces a new grant application process for the Harold M. Greaney Trust Fund annual competitive grant opportunity available to organizations within Perry County. The Harold M. Greaney Trust Fund of TFEC and Perry County Community Foundation makes this special opportunity possible.
Donor Name: The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
County: Perry County (PA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $200 – $2,500
Grant Duration: 1 Year
Harold Greaney was a plumbing and heating contractor in Perry County for decades. He was very active in the community and during his lifetime gave generously to many organizations in Perry County and the surrounding areas. He desired to support such organizations in perpetuity and that was accomplished by establishing a fund with PCCF.
The Harold M. Greaney Fund seeks to fund programs and services from nonprofit organizations serving Perry County citizens.
Grant Awards typically range from $200 – $2,500. Grants are awarded for one year. This grant opportunity will not fund 100% of any project.
- Eligible projects must serve individuals, groups, and/or locations within Perry County.
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
- Grant seekers may apply for any project that best fits their needs and the Harold M. Greaney Fund guidelines.
- If you are awarded a grant, the foundation asks that a representative from your agency be present at Perry County Community Foundation Annual Grant Presentation Program taking place in Spring 2022. Grant award checks will be presented at the event.
What they do not Fund
- Capital campaigns.
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations.
- Grants to individuals or for-profit organizations.
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence.
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Retroactive projects.
Criteria for Evaluating Proposals
The Harold M. Greaney Fund Advisory Committee makes all grantmaking decisions and consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the betterment of Perry County. Committee members evaluate each applicant’s submission and make valuable suggestions to ensure that work supported by the Harold M. Greaney Fund will make a difference. The Grant Review Committee may request additional information about the grant proposal prior to making an award or denial.
For more information, visit Harold M. Greaney Trust Fund.