Donor Name: Gilroy Foundation
City: Gilroy City
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
Grant Size: $10,000
In reviewing grant applications, in addition to evaluating the potential impact of the requests, the Foundation gives careful consideration to:
- Programs which would contribute to Performing Arts.
- The ability of the organization or program to become self-supporting after initial seed money or interim funding.
- The extent of local volunteer involvement and support of the organization’s board.
- The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
In authorizing grants, the Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types, whether undertaken by existing agencies or by new agencies:
- Projects or programs aimed at providing needed facilities or services, for which public funds are either not available or not sufficient and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
- Projects that will provide leverage in an agency’s ability to secure other funds.
- Projects that, in responding to known community needs, are designed to coordinate or consolidate community services in an effort to reduce overhead expenses, increase efficiency, or eliminate unnecessary duplication.
- Organizations must be properly constituted and organized with a board of directors, by-laws, financial records, and controls. Grant consideration cannot be given either to individuals nor to organizations that do not have their nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Signed and dated grant applications will also be accepted from all Gilroy public and private schools and the City of Gilroy.
For more information, visit Julie Hayes Grant.