The Gilroy Foundation is seeking applications for its Youth Board Grant Program that focuses in the following areas: Youth, Therapeutic Animal Services, Rescue Animal Services, or the Senior Citizen Community Programs.
Donor Name: Gilroy Foundation
City: Gilroy City
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
Grant Size: $500 – $1000
In reviewing grant applications, in addition to evaluating the potential impact of the requests, Gilroy Foundation Youth Board gives careful consideration to:
- Programs which would contribute to Youth, Therapeutic Animal Services, Rescue Animal Services, or the Senior Citizen Community of Gilroy and the surrounding area by addressing the cause of major problems rather than merely discussing their continuing effect upon society.
- The extent of local volunteer involvement and support for the organization’s board.
- The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
$500 – $1000
In authorizing grants, the Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types, whether undertaken by existing agencies or by new agencies:
- Projects or programs aimed at providing needed facilities or services, for which public funds are either not available or not sufficient and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
- Projects that will provide leverage in an agency’s ability to secure other funds.
- Projects that, in responding to known community needs, are designed to coordinate or consolidate community services in an effort to reduce overhead expenses, increase efficiency, or eliminate unnecessary duplication.
- Organizations must be properly constituted and organized with a board of directors, by-laws, financial records, and controls. Grant consideration cannot be given either to individuals or to organizations that do not have their nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Grant applications will also be accepted from all Gilroy public and private schools and the City of Gilroy.
For more information, visit Youth Board Grant.