Donor Name: The Winston-Salem Foundation
State: North Carolina
County: Forsyth County (NC)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $15,000
The Women’s Fund is a strategic initiative of The Winston-Salem Foundation, and this grant program directly aligns with the Foundation’s focus area to build an inclusive economy.
Currently, less than 7% of philanthropic dollars are directed to programs that specifically support women and girls, and women are disproportionately affected by many issues such as poverty, lack of healthcare, pay inequity, and violence.
By supporting programs that create opportunities to improve the economic, educational, physical health, and emotional well-being of women and girls, they can improve the overall quality of life in community.
- While The Women’s Fund’s membership vote ultimately determines the final grant decisions, applicants that meet one or more of the following criteria will receive priority during the review process:
- organizations with annual revenue of $250,000 and under
- organizations led by women of color and focused on working with women and/or girls of color
- organizations that actively engage women and/or girls with lived experience in the design and/or implementation of the proposed program or work
- program or work designed with a gender focus
- Note on led by women of color: The Women’s Fund defines led by women of color as organizations with more than 50% of the organization’s decision-makers identifying as women of color. This can include executive leadership, board, program managers, etc
- Note for gender focus: The Women’s Fund defines an organization or a project that has a gender focus as one that goes beyond the number or percentage of women/girls served. A gender focus entails considering the unique and varied experiences of those who identify as women and girls during the design and/or implementation of the proposed program or work.
Organizations can submit one application for a maximum of $15,000.
The Women’s Fund will support grant proposals that:
- are designed with a focus on increasing economic security and or mobility for those who identify as women and girls
- are designed to benefit and positively impact those who identify as women and girls.
- are making an impact in Forsyth County, NC
- are implemented by a 501 (c)(3) organization, a government or public agency, or a faith-based organization (Organizations that do not have a 501(c)(3) may utilize an organization with one to serve as its fiscal agent.)
- programs or organizations that discriminate based on ethnicity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran’s status
- programs that proselytize or promote any particular religion or sect or deny services to potential beneficiaries based upon religious beliefs
- individuals, including direct scholarships
- capital campaigns, annual campaigns, fundraising events, endowment campaigns, or retirement of debt
- biomedical research
- political campaigns or other partisan political activity.
For more information, visit The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem.