The Community Foundation of the Chattahoochee Valley is seeking applications for the West Point Fund.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of the Chattahoochee Valley
Cites: Lanett, LaGrange, Opelika, Valley, West Point
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/30/2021
Grant Size: $3,000 and $5,000
In 2005, the WestPoint Fund was created as a Donor Advised Fund at the Community Foundation of the Chattahoochee Valley, Inc. The Community Foundation administers the Fund, and all grant requests are reviewed by an independent local Advisory Committee.
- For nearly fifteen years, the WestPoint Fund has invested in projects that serve the communities of LaGrange and WestPoint, Georgia, and Lanett, Opelika and Valley, Alabama. And through these projects, great work has been done to serve countless individuals.
- The committee recognizes that now more than ever, nonprofits are embracing flexibility and rethinking how they provide services. In light of this shift, the committee, too, has revisited the funding priorities of the WestPoint Fund and considered how its limited funds could best support efforts to serve the community.
- This year, the WestPoint Fund advisory committee will consider innovative projects that demonstrate creative solutions without duplicating other effective efforts. These projects could be new ideas an organization is looking to test on a small scale or an innovative addition or spin on an existing project in response to changing community needs.
- The committee will not consider requests in which the requested amount is a small percentage of the total project budget. Examples of projects that do not align with the Fund’s priorities are capital campaigns, building campaigns, and requests for general operating expenses such as rent, utilities or increased staff capacity.
Grants will range in size with most grants averaging between $3,000 and $5,000. Because the advisory committee is interested in supporting creative solutions, it recognizes that there may not be other funding available to support such projects. As such, the committee will consider funding 100% of a project, but would like to see an effort by the organization to secure additional funding.
- Organizations exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code may apply for grant support from the WestPoint Fund if they currently serve, or propose to serve, persons or communities in any or all the following areas:
- Lanett, Opelika and/or Valley, Alabama
- LaGrange and/or West Point, Georgia
For more information, visit Community Foundation of the Chattahoochee Valley.