The Community Grant Program is an open, competitive program through which grants are made to nonprofit organizations residing in and serving the citizens of Chemung and Southeastern Steuben counties.
State: New York
Counties: Chemung County (NY), Steuben County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/01/2022
- Program Support: $2,000 and $20,000
- General Operating Support: $30,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
Grants are made annually in the areas of the arts, culture, education, youth, environment, animals, human services, and capacity building.
- Community Grant Program – Program Support: Community Foundation funds a wide variety of programs and projects across all program areas. Most grants, however, fall into three categories:
- Program or Direct Service Grants – for costs associated with the implementation of the program
- Capital Grants – for costs related to building construction, building renovation or capital equipment
- Organizational Development and Capacity Building Grants – for costs related to activities such as strategic planning, board development, program planning, performance management and evaluation, succession planning or marketing and communications. Other organizational capacity areas under this category include business planning, fund development, facility planning and management systems (financial, HR, technology)
- Community Grant Program – General Operating Support: The general operating support grant is an opportunity to provide nonprofits located in and providing services for the residents of Chemung and/or Southeastern Steuben counties with unrestricted funding to achieve their missions.
- Community Grant Program – Program Support: $2,000 and $20,000
- Community Grant Program – General Operating Support: $30,000
- Registered 501(c)(3) organizations located in and serving the citizens of Chemung and/or Southeastern Steuben counties, New York.
- Proposals from faith-based organizations will only be considered if:
- service benefits all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service.
What activities are not eligible for funding?
The Community Foundation generally does not make grants from unrestricted funds for the following:
- Annual campaigns, special event fundraisers or sponsorships
- Religious purposes
- Political or partisan purposes
- Activities taking place before grant decisions are made
- Trips for schools or clubs
- Deficit funding or debt retirement
- Individuals (except through scholarships for education)
For more information, visit Community Grant.