The Capital Region Community Foundation is inviting applications for its Impact Grants Program.
Donor Name: Capital Region Community Foundation
Counties: Clinton County (MI), Eaton County (MI), Ingham County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/07/2022
Size of the Grant: $10,000 – $75,000
Impact grants are warded $10,000 – $75,000
Impact Grant Criteria
Projects must meet at least one of the following Impact Criteria:
- Significantly increase the long-term impact of an organization or program, not to provide cash assistance for ongoing operations
- operating deficits. For example: Impact grants will not purchase food for a pantry, but their committee may consider purchasing equipment that would help a food pantry stock healthier options to improve community health.
- Significantly increase the organization’s ability to reach underserved populations, not to simply serve more people
- For example: Impact grants are not designed to increase the number of people utilizing an existing program, but rather to help expand a successful program to serving a new high-need population. You must substantiate the need and provide a detailed sustainability plan.
- Enable two or more nonprofits to work collaboratively to create transformative and sustainable community change
- For example, two organizations serving the same constituents may implement a new or expanded program together that would otherwise be impossible without collaboration.
Community Foundation competitive grant categories
The Community Foundation has four types of grants – Impact, Capacity Building, Mini and Youth. The Foundation
accepts applications from all eligible entities. However, we strongly encourage requests from small and mid-size
nonprofits who are making a difference in underserved and/or diverse communities.
The following requirements apply to all Community Foundation grant opportunities.
- Requests must be for projects and programs that predominantly benefit residents of Clinton, Eaton and Ingham Counties, Michigan.
- Federal tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; OR a fiscal agent that meets
- State of Michigan Charitable License to Solicit.
A nonprofit organization may apply in more than one grant category per year. However, organizations should be
thoughtful before submitting applications for multiple categories. Only one grant application per category will be
accepted from each organization. Applications will be reviewed, and selections made by a committee of community
For more information, visit Impact Grants.