The Sisters Health Foundation is seeking applications for its Basic Needs/Direct Service Grants Program which is a competitive grants program in which applicants can seek grants of $500 to $5,000.
Donor Name: Sisters Health Foundation
Counties: Calhoun County (WV), Jackson County (WV), Pleasants County (WV), Ritchie County (WV), Roane County (WV), Tyler County (WV), Wirt County (WV), Wood County (WV), Athens County (OH), Meigs County (OH), or Washington County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Nonprofits
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/19/2022
Size of the Grant: $500 and $5,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
Organizations that provide direct service in the form of material aid such as food, personal needs items, and emergency assistance to poor and vulnerable populations in service area are encouraged to apply.
Those who currently have such programs will indicate how their work helps strengthen individuals and families receiving basic needs services take a step forward. In addition to helping people on the brink of crisis, this grant program serves as an opportunity to connect families with needed services.
- Healthy Eating, Active Living
- Thriving Neighborhoods
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Funds shall be used solely for the granted purpose.
- Funded activities shall commence in a timely manner and expenditures shall be made within the period agreed to by the agency and the Sisters Health Foundation.
- Grantee organizations shall submit an activity and budget report within 30 days of grant completion.
- Grant requests should range between $500 and $5,000.
- Up to 10% of the grant can be used for administrative purposes.
- Organizations may apply once a year and are limited to a maximum of $5,000 per 12-month period.
Your organization is eligible if all of the following are true:
- Applicant organization is a tax-exempt nonprofit under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a public institution.
- The project will positively impact residents in one or more of the counties in service area:
- West Virginia: Calhoun, Jackson, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Tyler, Wirt, Wood
- Ohio: Athens, Meigs, Washington
- Provision of basic needs is already a demonstrated and integral part of the mission and activities of the organization.
For more information, visit Sisters Health Foundation.