The Montgomery County Department of Transportation is soliciting grant applications for the County’s FY 2023 Targeted and Specialized Mobility (TSM) Grant Program from qualified organizations providing direct transportation services in the County.
Donor Name: Montgomery County Department of Transportation
County: Montgomery County (MD)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $15,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
The County Executive proposed $1 million to establish both a capital and operating grants process using funds from the Transportation Services Improvement Fund in the Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Recommended Budget. The County Council approved $800,000 for a joint capital and operating grant program with $640,000 for capital projects and $160,000 for operating projects.
Priority in awarding funding will be given to:
- Organizations that demonstrate a commitment and experience with providing transportation, public health, and/or community benefit services to at least one of the vulnerable populations listed above;
- Proposals that target undeserved and vulnerable populations; and
- Proposals that seek to have a broad base of impact in their target community.
The focus of the grant program is to provide direct services and/or support that improves the delivery of transportation related services for:
- Individuals who are disabled.
- Senior residents.
- Individuals with low or limited incomes.
Operating expenses eligible for funding include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accessible transportation services for individuals who are disabled, seniors, and/or individuals with limited incomes.
- Compensation for personnel from the organization or a third-party entity who provides transportation services to the targeted populations.
- Costs associated with the repair and maintenance of a vehicle that improves accessibility, such as a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- Costs associated with the repair and maintenance of a traditional sedan, a hybrid vehicle, or an electric vehicle that is used to deliver food, clothing, medical supplies or other necessities that address safety-net concerns.
- The cost of insurance for a vehicle that improves accessibility, such as a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- Costs associated with the purchase of transportation service travel vouchers for the targeted population.
- Award sizes will vary with a maximum award of $15,000.
- The grant will be awarded for up to a one-year (12 month) performance period. Programs must be run and be evaluated during this period. This Grant Program does not commit Montgomery County to make an award.
The target population for this grant are individuals with disabilities, senior residents, and/or limited incomes who lack accessible transportation services.
Applicants must meet all of the following conditions:
- The organization must be; a Federal 501I(3) tax-exempt status organization or a collaboration between two or more organizations with this status.
- The organization’s principal place of business must be located in Montgomery County; if a national or regional organization, it must have a location in Montgomery County through which it provides related services;
- The organization must provide transportation, public health, and/or community benefit services that address the needs of at least one group of individuals identified in the Funding Areas;
- The organization must be currently registered in good standing with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT);
- All services and programming to receive funds must be provided in Montgomery County;
- Current Montgomery County contract or grant award winners must be current on all reporting obligations for other awards and those reports must reflect substantial progress towards the goals of their grant agreement.
For more information, visit Montgomery County.