Donor Name: City of Clarksville
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/03/2022
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) program. As an Entitlement Community, the City of Clarksville receives funding directly from HUD to develop decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons.
The City of Clarksville Housing and Community Development Department administers these funds and partners with organizations to support projects and programs that serve City of Clarksville residents Interested organizations can apply on an annual basis for CDBG funding.
The City of Clarksville Housing and Community Development is seeking agencies to carry out activities that revitalize neighborhoods, improve infrastructure, assist homeless persons and those at-risk of becoming homeless, expand and preserve affordable housing, all of which are goals under the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan.
CDBG funds must be used to meet one of the following national objectives:
- Benefit Low to Moderate Income persons/households
- Aid in the prevention/elimination of slum and blight
- Meet an Urgent Need
- Must serve City of Clarksville residents
- Public or private non-profit 501 (c) (3) agencies
- For-profit agencies assisting with microenterprises
- Institutions of higher learning
- County departments or other public or quasi-governmental agencies
- Faith based organizations (non-religious purposes)
- Community Based Development Organizations (CBDO)
- Private individuals
- Individual homeowners or landlords
- Individual businesses
- Religious institutions/churches for religious purposes
For more information, visit 2022-2023 CDBG Funds.