The Gratiot County Community Foundation is seeking applications from area youth, which will be reviewed by Youth Advisory Council members, for community service projects implemented by area youth. Any youth group that is a non-profit or affiliated with a non-profit organization may apply. (e.g. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H clubs, churches, schools, etc.)
Donor Name: Gratiot County Community Foundation
County: Gratiot County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: more than $500
What is a YAC grant?
- YAC grants fund programs that involve youth in community service projects in Gratiot County.
- Youth applying for funding must not be primary beneficiaries of community service project.
- Youth members of YAC review applications and make grant recommendations.
- YAC grants are highlighted at the annual Youth Showcase at the Heritage Center in April.
Separate applications are available for Large Grants (more than $500) and Mini Grants ($500 or less).
- You may apply if you are, or are affiliated with, a registered nonprofit organization serving Gratiot County (for example, schools and churches are registered nonprofits).
- The Gratiot County Community Foundation does not discriminate based on age, race, gender, national origin, religion or disability and will award grants only to applicants which do not discriminate on the same basis.
- YAC grant dollars are paid out after the project is completed and required reports are received.
- Find out if our youth group is eligible by contacting your adult advisor or the Gratiot County Community Foundation.
YAC grants be used for?
- Implementation of project
- Promotion of project
Are there projects/expenses that YAC grants cannot be used for?
- Capital expenses and normal operating expenses
- Annual giving or multi-year funding
- Religious or political purposes
- Completed projects
For more information, visit Youth Advisory Council (YAC) Grants.