Quick Grants are $500 implementation grants for in-person public humanities projects that encourage audiences to reflect on their values, explore new ideas, and engage with others in their community. Available to organizations whose total yearly operating expenses are $250,000 or less.
Donor Name: Humanities New York
State: New York
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $500
These grants aim to:
- Support smaller organizations in offering engaging public programming
- Promote equity in access to the humanities, ensuring that New Yorkers of all backgrounds and from all regions may engage in cultural programming
HNY prioritizes support to projects that reach audiences with fewer opportunities to attend educational and cultural programming. Because they are a statewide organization, within each grant round they strive to make awards in as many regions of the state as possible. All subjects and themes relevant to the communities served are welcome. Other priorities include supporting small organizations (with operating budgets of less than $250,000) and rural organization.
Quick Grants are awarded $500.
- Any tax-exempt organization that is based in and serves New York State may apply.
- HNY does not fund individuals.
- Each organization is eligible to receive one Vision Grant and one Action Grant OR one Vision Grant and one Quick Grant per year.
- Applicants with an open Action Grant project, including those whose grant periods were extended due to Covid-19 disruptions, must complete the project and submit the final report before applying for a new Action Grant.
For more information, visit Quick Grants.