Soroptimist International of Saratoga County is pleased to announce the availability of $35,000 for grants to be awarded to local organizations that support the needs of women and girls in Saratoga County.
Donor Name: Soroptimist International of Saratoga County
State: New York
County: Saratoga County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $35,000
Soroptimist International of Saratoga County (SISC) is part of an international women’s organization with 72,000 members in 121 countries and territories. Soroptimist uses its international voice and official status with the United Nations to advocate on behalf of women’s issues.
- Candidate organizations must be based in or serve the needs of residents of Saratoga County.
- Grants are typically awarded for specific activities, start-ups, or capital projects.
- The project must align with Soroptimist International of Saratoga County’s mission to assist women and girls.
- Consideration will be given to the number of people served.
- Individual endeavors such as pageants and competitions cannot be funded.
How can my group/organization obtain funding through this program?
To comply with IRS regulations, they require that your organization have, and provide verification of I.R.C. 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt status to receive a grant of $600 or more. IF YOU ARE NOT A TAX-EXEMPT 501 (c) (3) NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION, YOU MAY ONLY APPLY FOR A GRANT OF LESS THAN $600. Application is limited to organizations which are located in and primarily serve the needs of women and girls in Saratoga County. Chapters of national organizations must demonstrate significant local impact and fully outline the specific use of funds requested.
For more information, visit Local Community Grant.