The Rhode Island Foundation is seeking applications from nonprofit organizations for its Clean Competition Fund to support and work in the areas of education, outreach, scientific projects, and clinical or basic research that support either anti-doping in sports or drug testing, screening, or detection of human growth hormone (“hGH”), steroids, or other performance-enhancing substances.
Donor Name: Rhode Island Foundation
State: Rhode Island
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Since 2013, the Clean Competition Fund has granted nearly $1M through continued annual support to the Rhode Island Interscholastic League’s Operation Clean Competition programming, providing educational messages to student athletes, coaches, and parents about the negative impacts of human growth hormone (hGH) and other performance-enhancing drugs; multiple grants to the University of Rhode Island for research on the detection of steroids and hGH; and support for Bryant University’s Ocean State Clean Competition workshop, addressing the negative effects of hGH and appearance and performance enhancing drugs (APEDs) and clean strategies for athletic success.
The Foundation will use the following criteria in making funding decisions:
- Applying organization must be a Rhode Island nonprofit serving a well-defined population in Rhode Island;
- Proposal responds to one of the Fund priority areas: outreach, education, clinical or basic research involving appropriate medical uses or long-term health implications of hGH use or use of other performance enhancing substances; or scientific projects that support either anti-doping in sports or drug testing, screening, or detection of human growth hormone (“hGH”), steroids, or other performance-enhancing substances;
- Proposal clearly defines how the program will address an unmet need, fill services gap, or expand services;
- Proposal has clearly stated goals, objectives and measurable outcomes;
- Applying organization has a proven and relevant track record in this field;
- Applying organization has the capacity to implement the proposal; and
- There is a clear sustainability plan for the program.
A completed application package includes:
- Completed application form, submitted through the online system;
- Completed budget form, also submitted through the online system;
- A proposal narrative, found within the application;
For more information, visit Clean Competition Fund Grants.