The Rhode Island Foundation is accepting applications for the Basic Human Needs Grants Program to support community agencies that provide emergency assistance to Rhode Islanders most in need.
Donor Name: Rhode Island Foundation
State: Rhode Island
County : All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $5,00
Grants of up to $5,000 are awarded to community-based programs that provide direct assistance, such as:
- Food (food pantries, soup kitchens)
- Housing/rental assistance
- Prescription assistance
- Utilities assistance
- Transportation assistance (bus passes, Riptiks, auto repairs)
- Child care assistance for homeless families
- Basic Human Needs Grants support the launch of a new program or support of an established program. For established programs, the Basic Human Needs Grant cannot be the only source of funding.
- Organizations can receive one Basic Human Needs Grant per calendar year. However, organizations may apply to other Foundation grant programs within the same calendar year.
- Site visits may be conducted.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis; grant decisions are usually made within 6-8 weeks.
A complete application package includes:
- Completed application form, submitted through the online system; and
- Completed budget form, also submitted through the online system;
For more information, visit Basic Human Needs Grants.