Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development Department is seeking proposals from organizations capable of providing innovative workforce development solutions to help solve pressing workforce challenges. The grant is not intended to offset lost revenue or income.
Donor Name: Larimer County Government
County: Larimer County (CO)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/20/2022
Size of the Grant: $50,000 – $150,000
- Help build in-demand skills; or
- Connect workers and learners to quality jobs; or
- Drive employer engagement in employee development
All qualified organizations that submit a complete application will be reviewed by the WIG Review Panel. The WIG Review Panel will prioritize proposals that are innovative, promote or enhance diversity, equity and inclusion, have a clear mechanism for measuring success and address a pressing workforce challenge that results from the pandemic.
- Impact: Proposals that improve outcomes for workers and students and/or increase employer engagement in workforce development
- Inclusive: Proposals that support upward mobility, wealth generation, economic inclusion and/or educational outcomes for underserved populations or communities.
- Data Informed: Proposals that impact the unmet need(s) or emerging problem(s) and are supported by data, specifically the 2020 Colorado Talent Pipeline Report, and include a mechanism for measuring success
- Organizational Inclusion: Organizations that aim to help underserved communities are often under resourced, without the organizational and financial capacity of larger, more established organizations. To promote and support inclusion and diversity in organizations receiving Workforce Innovation Grant funding they have:
- Refined the scoring criteria to re-evaluate risk tolerance. No organization will be screened out for lack of experience and/or resources.
- Simplified the application process.
- Dedicated a staff member to community outreach during the grant application period. The Community Navigator will invite organizations to apply for funding and provide assistance in Spanish, when requested.
The Workforce Innovation Grant is a reimbursement grant. Funds are provided to successful grant recipients after expenses have been incurred. Grant payments will be made to reimburse the grantee for actual expenses supported by adequate documentation. Visit the funding page for information on allowable costs, ineligible costs and the reimbursement process.
Generally, awards will be between $50,000 – $150,000. However, smaller awards may be considered.
Organizations Eligible to Apply for Funding
The following entities are eligible to apply for a Workforce Innovation Grant.
- Eligible entities include:
- Public and Private Sector Employers, Employer Organization, or Trade
- Apprenticeship Sponsors
- Community-Based Organizations
- Colorado Workforce Centers
- Formalized Sector Partnerships recognized by the Colorado Workforce Development Center
- Eligible organizations are required to be
Eligible Populations to Serve with Workforce Innovation Grant Funding
- Individuals aged 16 years or older who currently or previously were economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Participant eligibility may be self-attested and the reason must be documented. This includes individuals:
- A business’s existing employees (incumbent worker) are eligible when the worker or employer have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, visit Workforce Innovation Grant.