The Kiwanis Club of Columbus is pleased to announce its grant-making cycle for the 2021-22 administrative year, on behalf of the Columbus Kiwanis Foundation.
Donor Name: Kiwanis Club of Columbus
County: Franklin County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
Size of the Grant: $30,000
With Kiwanis’ focus of serving the children of the world, these grants will have a similar focus: serving the children of Franklin County, OH, with preference for nonprofit organizations serving children living in the city of Columbus, OH.
A total of $58,000 will be awarded in the upcoming grant-making cycle:
- $28,000 will be awarded in the Youth Opportunity/Community Outreach category and
- $30,000 in the Young Children: Priority One category, for a total of $58,000
Average grant size is between $5,000 to $8,000. Please note the approach to the age ranges:
- Youth Opportunity is programs or projects for children in grades one to high school graduation, and
- Young Children: Priority One is from pre-natal/birth through kindergarten, with special emphasis on programs or projects that reduce infant mortality.
In addition, preference will be given to organizations with proposals that include existing or new hands-on service projects in which Kiwanis Club of Columbus members can participate and/or volunteer.
Eligibility And Restrictions
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a tax-exempt organization.
- Request funding for programming primarily benefiting children ages pre-natal/birth to high school graduation.
- Be located in and primarily serve Franklin County, OH, with preference for those organizations serving children living in the city of Columbus, OH.
Kiwanis Club of Columbus will NOT fund:
- Grants to individuals including scholarships or camperships
- Grants supporting partisan political agendas or lobbying
- Grants to religious organizations for purely religious purposes
- Fundraising events
- Employee salaries
For more information, visit Kiwanis Club of Columbus.