The Fayette County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa, is created by and for the people of Fayette County. The Community Foundation’s main goals are to support Fayette County and to attract additional funds to assist donors in creating lasting legacies through a variety of giving options within Fayette County.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa
County: Fayette County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/31/2021
Size of the Grant: $1000 to $10,000
The Fayette County Community Foundation provides grants that contribute, in a significant way, to the overall welfare of the people of Fayette County, Iowa they want to help develop communities that people want to live in, as well as to benefit rural areas of the county. Areas of Foundation giving are:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Betterment
- Education and Youth development
- Environment and Animal Welfare
- Human service
The Fayette County Community Foundation gives priority to projects that:
- Address important needs in the county
- Encourage additional funding through matching gifts from other donors, and in-kind donations
- Provide realistic plans for continuation funds (if applicable) from other sources
- Show committed collaborations with community partners
- Yield substantial benefits to the county for the resources invested
Request Minimum is $1,000 and Maximum is $10,000.
Eligibility to Apply
Organizations must provide benefits to the people of the Fayette County and must meet the following criteria in order to apply for a grant:
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a government entity. Tax-exempt organizations classified as other than 501(c)(3) are also eligible if and only if the project is deemed charitable; please contact their office to discuss the project’s eligibility prior to submitting a proposal.
- Be current with all state and federal reporting requirements, such as filing of 990 forms.
- Must not have any past due grant reports for previous Fayette County Community Foundation grants.
For groups, projects, or initiatives that do not meet the above eligibility requirements, the Community Foundation will consider your requests if submitted through a fiscal sponsor. Fiscal sponsors must be classified as a 501(c)(3) or a government entity. The Foundation prefers that the fiscal sponsor’s mission closely align with the sponsored project. Fiscal Sponsors will be legally and financially responsible for any grant funds that are awarded by the Fayette County Community Foundation.
For more information, visit Fayette County Grants.