The Community Foundation of Mendocino County is seeking applications for the COVID-19 Relief Grant program to provide assistance to individuals, nonprofit organizations, and small businesses in Mendocino County.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Mendocino County
County: Mendocino County (CA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/31/2022
The Community Foundation of Mendocino County is seeking applications for the COVID-19 Relief Grant program to mitigate some of the unique difficulties faced by the nonprofit sector in Mendocino County.
Funds are provided by the COVID-19 Nonprofit Relief Fund, a fund of the Community Foundation of Mendocino County.
Grants will be made to a broad range of non-profit organizations whose mission fits into one of the following categories:
- Sense of place: including but not limited to community centers, community-enhancing projects, and the preservation of community heritage and history.
- Environment: including but not limited to land conservation, open space, and environmental education.
- Healthy Communities: including but not limited to health and safety, volunteer emergency services, senior programs and services, youth activities, garden projects, parks and trails, poverty programs, and alcohol and other drug prevention/intervention.
- Economic and Leadership Development: including but not limited to programs that encourage entrepreneurship, workforce readiness, and volunteerism.
- Education: including but not limited to libraries and education programs in schools and community settings.
- Arts and Humanities: including but not limited to art in public places, programs that encourage art in community institutions (community centers and schools), and “art for art’s sake.”
Consideration is given to organizations who meet the following criteria:
- Have a demonstrated reduction in funding and/or increased demand for services due to impacts from COVID-19;
- Have a plan for adapting or maintaining services now or in the future including adherence to applicable county or state guidance on re-opening;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of benefit to the general public or a broad sub-population (e.g., youth, elderly) over time; and,
- Have the energy and organizational capacity to adapt and continue to have a sustainable, long-term influence in the community.
Priority is given to organizations who are still unable to open due to COVID-19 restrictions, or who have faced ongoing hardship due to high fixed operating costs and decreased revenues. Additional preference will be given to organizations that have not received a Paycheck Protection Program loan. The Community Foundation will also consider geographic distribution and equity in serving special populations or historically underserved communities to ensure that the Nonprofit Relief program maximizes its capacity to benefit the whole of Mendocino County.
For more information, visit COVID-19 Nonprofit Relief Fund.