Caring for Colorado Foundation is seeking applications for its Grant Program to improve the lives of children and families in Colorado through collaboration, partnership, shared knowledge and grantmaking.
Donor Name: Caring for Colorado Foundation
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/03/2022
Caring for Colorado Foundation Focus Areas are:
For eligible organizations and proposals aligned with our Focus Areas, funding may support general operations, programs/projects, capacity building, collaboration or systems-building efforts. Proposals longer than 12 months are considered.
- They center the health and well-being of all children, youth and their families, and they prioritize resources and attention to children living in families with low incomes, children and youth of color, and children and youth who experience systemic injustice.
- They center the voice and perspective of children, youth, families and caregivers and support efforts that seek, integrate, and respond to their insights and solutions.
- They center organizations that are rooted in and trusted by the children, youth and communities they serve.
Caring for Colorado will consider applications from and awards to organizations who benefit Colorado and are:
- Charitable nonprofit organizations with tax-exempt classification from the Internal Revenue Service; or
- Tax-supported institutions including state and local governments and schools.
Note that new or emerging organizations are permitted to apply through a tax-exempt organization acting as fiscal agent. The most common type of fiscal agent arrangement is between a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization and a non-tax-exempt group. The fiscal agent has the ultimate authority and responsibility to see that the funds are used for the purpose intended; it cannot simply be a pass-through organization.
Caring for Colorado Does Not Fund:
- For-profit entities
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Financial support for political candidates
- Fee-based programming without a robust sliding scale
- Pregnancy resource centers
- Research (costs specifically associated with the research process such as design, investigation or analysis
For more information, visit Caring for Colorado Foundation Grant.