The Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood has invited applications for its Grant Program with the aim to improve welfare of young children, from infancy through 7 years, in the United States.
Donor Name: Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/30/2022
The Foundation’s goal is to provide seed money to implement those imaginative proposals that exhibit the greatest chance of improving the lives of young children, on a national scale.
The Foundation provides funding in the following areas:
- Early Childhood Welfare: Children can only reach their full potential when all aspects of their intellectual, emotional and physical development are optimally supported.
- Early Childhood Education and Play: They seek to improve the quality of both early childhood teaching and learning, through the development of innovative curricula and research based pedagogical standards, as well as the design of imaginative play materials and learning environments.
- Parenting Education: To help parents create nurturing environments for their children, they support programs that teach parents about developmental psychology, cultural child rearing differences, pedagogy, issues of health, prenatal care and diet, as well as programs which provide both cognitive and emotional support to parents.
The Foundation will not fund:
- programs outside of the United States
- the operation or expansion of existing programs
- the purchase or renovation of capital equipment
- the staging of single events (e.g. concerts, seminars, etc.)
- the creation or acquisition of works of art or literature
- the activities of single individuals or for-profit entities
- political or religious organizations
- programs with religious content
- programs to benefit children residing in foreign countries
- medical research applicable to both adults and children
For more information, visit Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood.