In conjunction with the Iowa City City Council amending the South District Plan and adopting a form-based zoning code, the City of Iowa City has created the 2022 South District Form-Based Code Grant Program.
Donor Name: City of Iowa City
City: Iowa City
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/25/2022
Size of the Grant: $30,000
Grant Duration: 18 months
Under the grant program, the City is offering financial incentives to assist with design and engineering work for future development projects in a portion of the South District that align with the South District Plan and regulations.
Allocations will be determined at the discretion of the City based on consistency with the South District Plan and Future Land Use Map, form-based code, and City policy; the amount of land involved; the requested amount; and the proposed project budget.
- The maximum allocation per project is $30,000 and $90,000 in funding is available through the grant program.
- Funds must be used within 18 months of execution of a grant agreement and cannot be used for work already completed.
Use of Funds
Funds maybe be used to reimburse property owners for costs associated with:
- Professional engineering, including subdivision plat, sensitive areas development plan, and construction drawings.
- Architectural, such as building elevations.
- Design services, such as floor plans.
- Eligible projects must be within the South District Form-Based code planning area and within the City of Iowa City jurisdictional boundaries. Projects must demonstrate consistency with the adopted South District Plan and Future Land Use Map and associated form-based code. The property owner or their representative must be the applicant.
- Priority will be given to projects that preserve environmental resources, include diverse housing types and a highly interconnected street network.
For more information, visit City of Iowa City.