The North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA) is seeking grant proposals for research devoted to finding practical solutions to honey bee health problems.
Donor Name: North Dakota Department of Agriculture (NDDA)
State: North Dakota
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $200,000
Applicants are invited to respond to this request by submitting a proposal for the following research priorities:
- Novel and viable Varroa mite controls
- Understanding honey bee viruses and pathogens effects on honey bee health
- Improving queen and drone honey bee reproductive health
- Optimized nutrition to enhance hive health and survival
Proposals should not exceed 10 pages. Proposals must adequately explain the objective of the study, the experimental approach sufficiently detailed to allow critical evaluation of feasibility. Proposals shall include a sufficiently detailed budget to explain how funds will be spent. Principal Investigator[s] names and contact information shall be included in the proposal. Proposals shall disclose other funding sources from other entities. The NDDA does not pay overhead or indirect costs on funded research grants. A virtual presentation/interview to the review committee is scheduled for October 6, 2022.
Each grant proposal in response to this request must include the following:
- Honey Bee Research Funding Request Form
- A complete summary of the project including rational and how the objectives will be met
- Detailed budget
- Information about previous research experience and qualifications
- Additional information that is considered pertinent and will enhance the quality of the proposal.
Up to $200,000 will be made available during this grant process. Multiple grants may be awarded.
For more information, visit NDDA.