Donor Name: City of Lodi
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Size of the Grant: $600,000
Grant Duration: 1 Year
Proposed activities must meet one of the three national objectives:
- Benefits low-income individuals or households
- Addresses the prevention or elimination of slums or blight
- Meets a particularly urgent community development need
Most projects will fall within the first national objective.
- The City anticipates receiving approximately $600,000 in CDBG funds for the 2022-23 CDBG program year. Approximately, $130,000 will be available to community-based organizations for capital improvement and non-public service projects. Funding for public services is not available to new applicants for the 2022-23 program year due to the City entering into two-year agreements with public service providers during the 2021-22 program year.
- If awarded, funds are anticipated to be available on July 1, 2022, and projects must be completed by June 30, 2023.
- CDBG funds must be used to primarily benefit low- to moderate-income individuals or households, or an area that is considered low to moderate income. Only projects that are new or an expansion to existing programs/projects are eligible.
- Eligible organizations are limited to nonprofits and local government entities.
CDBG funds may be used for several activities, examples of potential activities are outlined in the list below. Applicants should note that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has more specific requirements for permitted activities that go beyond these listed categories.
- Public facilities and public improvements
- Economic development and employment training
- Real property acquisition or rehab
- Public services
- Crime prevention
- Building capacity of community resources
- Code enforcement (reduce blight)
- Homeless facilities
- Fair housing (prevent discrimination)
- Housing rehabilitation or homeownership assistance
- New housing construction (community-based development organizations only)
- Emergency repairs or assistance due to displacement
- Electrical utilities improvements
For more information, visit Community Development Block Grant.