Donor Name: California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/13/2022
Size of the Grant: $600,000
Grant Duration: 14 months
The purpose of the grant is to provide sufficient, stable, and non-competitive funding to California jurisdictions for the enforcement of waste tire permitting, hauling and storage laws.
- $ 6,050,000 is available for this grant cycle, fiscal year 2021-2022 subject to funding availability.
- Applicants may request the maximum award amount allowed for their qualifying populations. The maximum award for any applicant is:
- $300,000 for applicants with qualifying populations of 1 to 900,000.
- $450,000 for applicants with qualifying populations of 900,001 to 2,000,000.
- $600,000 for applicants with qualifying populations of 2,000,001 or more.
The Grant Term begins on June 30, 2022. The Grant Term ends on September 30, 2023.
Eligible applicants: city, county, or city and county that work closely with a managing entity to implement and oversee the program.
Applicants must have within their jurisdictions 50 (for a county) or 100 (for a city) or more active waste tire businesses that have Tire Program Identification (TPID) numbers.
Applicants may submit a joint grant application with authorization from other cities and/or counties participating in the joint program. A Participating Jurisdiction(s) grants permission for a Lead Participant to perform waste tire enforcement activities in its jurisdiction, despite the fact that the Participating Jurisdiction does not fall within the Lead’s jurisdictional boundaries. If a jurisdiction submits an application as part of a joint program, it cannot apply individually or as part of another joint program.
For more information, visit CalRecycle.