The State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) is seeking applications for the FY23 Small Business Grant Programs.
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $75,000,000
Grant Duration: 14 months
Types of Grant
- Restaurant Employment and Stabilization Grant Program: Established in 20 ILCS 605/605-1100, the Restaurant Employment and Stabilization Grant Program will provide grants of up to $50,000 to restaurants or taverns with 50 or fewer employees that have incurred losses due to the COVID pandemic. For the purposes of this program, restaurants or taverns are Illinois based brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms, breweries, microbreweries, wineries, and distilleries. Recipients must submit a written attestation that they used the funds on eligible operating expenses within one year of receipt. Eligible applicants will include restaurants and taverns meeting the following criteria:
- 50 or fewer employees
- Incurred losses due to the COVID pandemic
- In operation as of March 12, 2020, and remains in operation
- Has not received financial assistance from the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF), Illinois Back to Business Grants (B2B), Illinois Business Interruption Grants (BIG), or any other local or state program that provided over $10,000 in grants or loan forgiveness.
- Hotel Jobs Recovery Grant Program: Established in 20 ILCS 605/605-1095, The Hotel Jobs Recovery Grant Program will provide a one-time grant of up to $1,500 per room, minus any previous state and local relief provided during the COVID pandemic, to hotels in the state of Illinois. The per-room amount will be pro-rated, depending on the number of rooms across all eligible applicants, such that all eligible applicants receive a grant. Recipients must submit a written attestation that they used at least 80% of funds on payroll costs, including wages and benefits, within one year of receipt. Eligible applicants will include hotels and motels meeting the following criteria:
- In operation in Illinois prior to March 12, 2020, and remains in operation
- Not providing short-term rentals (e.g. program excludes timeshares and vacation rentals)
- Illinois Creative Recovery Grant Program: Established in 30 ILCS 709/40-1, The Illinois Creative Recovery Grant Program will provide grants to arts and cultural organizations that experienced losses due to business interruption or other adverse impacts of COVID-19. Eligible applicants will include independent live venue operators, performing or presenting arts organizations, arts education organizations, museums, or cultural heritage organizations that have:
- Experienced business interruption or adverse conditions due to COVID-19
- Been in operation in Illinois since prior to March 12, 2020, and remain in operation
- Awards provided to eligible small businesses and nonprofit organizations under this program will be sized based on losses incurred due to the COVID pandemic.
Award Range: $50,000,000 – $175,000,000
- Restaurant Employment and Stabilization Grant Program: $50,000,000,
- Hotel Jobs Recovery Grant Program: $75,000,000
- Illinois Creative Recovery Grant Program: $50,000,000.
- The period of performance is expected to be October 2022 through December 2023.
- Eligible applicants include:
- All entity types except local governments are eligible to apply. DCEO welcomes responses and applications from financial intermediaries; other financial organizations; accounting firms; consulting firms; grant administration companies; small businesses service or support providers; and other related services and organizations, including non-profit and philanthropic organizations.
For more information, visit IDCEO.