Donor Name: Health Resources and Services Administration
State: All States
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/05/2022
Size of the Grant: $96,750
Grant Duration: 5 years
The purpose of this program is to provide information, education, technical assistance, and peer support to families of children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and the professionals who serve them.
The goal of the F2F HIC Program is to promote optimal health and well-being for CYSHCN and their families by advancing a well-functioning system of services in which families and health professionals partner in health care decision-making. Recipients funded under this program are expected to integrate the following Family/Professional Partnership Program principles throughout project policies and activities: CYSHCN and their families should receive care in systems that are:
- (1) family-centered, (2) culturally and linguistically appropriate, and (3) which promote shared decision-making between families of CYSHCN, health professionals, and appropriate state and community organizations.
The recipient will be responsible for collecting data and reporting annually on these objectives for the purposes of monitoring and evaluating the overall effectiveness of the program. Baselines for new recipients will be established for these measures within the first year of the award. Competing continuing recipients will use data from the last year (FY 2021) of the most recent award cycle as their baseline.
- By May 31, 2027, increase by 10 percent from baseline the number of families of CYSHCN and professionals who have received information, education, and/or training from F2F HICs.
- By May 31, 2027, increase by 10 percent from baseline the number of CYSHCN and families from underrepresented and diverse communities trained to partner at all levels of shared decision-making.
- By May 31, 2027, increase by 10 percent from baseline the number and type of state agencies/programs and community-based organizations assisted in providing services/information to families of CYSHCN.
- HRSA estimates approximately $5,708,250 to be available annually to fund up to 59 recipients. This includes 1 recipient in each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, 5 U.S. Territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands), and up to 3 F2F HICs to serve American Indians/Alaska Natives. You may apply for a ceiling amount of up to $96,750 total cost (includes both direct and indirect, facilities, and administrative costs) per year.
- The period of performance is June 1, 2022 through May 31, 2027 (5 years).
Eligible applicants include any domestic public or private entity. Domestic faith-based and community-based organizations, tribes, and tribal organizations are eligible to apply. Eligibility for this funding opportunity is limited to applicants within the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the 5 U.S. Territories (American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and entities that will serve American Indian and/or Alaska Native Tribes.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.