The Arts Work Fund has announced a Think and Explore grants program to develop and test possible solutions to challenges posed by COVID-19, or challenges that hampered nonprofits before the pandemic (e.g., lack of access to resources for artists of color and artists with disabilities, declining ticket sales, etc.).
Donor Name: The Arts Work Fund
County: Chicago County (IL), Cook County (IL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/31/2022
Grant Size: $30,000
The Arts Work Fund is a funder collaborative created to help strengthen the management and operations of small arts and cultural organizations in Chicago and Cook County.
Arts Work Fund has:
- actualized commitment to equity
- streamlined process
- expanded eligibility
- instituted a peer review panel process
- changed to final report process to amplify sharing of lessons learned from these grants.
- Think Grants – up to $20,000 and Explore Grants – up to $30,000 for arts organizations led by, for, and about BIPOC, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, and women.
- Think Grants – up to $15,000 and Explore Grants – up to $25,000 for all other eligible organizations.
- The applicant organization must have an arts-based mission.
- A current IRS 501(c) (3) public charity designation determination letter.
- Arts organizations led by, for, and about black, indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), with operating expenses of $2 million.
- Any arts and culture organization with operating expenses of $800,000.
- Located in and serving Chicago and Cook County.
- If a former Arts Work Fund grant recipient, you must have submitted a final report for previous grant activities.
For more information, visit The Arts Work Fund.