The City of Seattle is seeking applications for smART ventures grant program to encourage innovation and widens cultural participation, particularly by individuals, organizations and communities that may not qualify for other funding programs.
Donor Name: City of Seattle
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Grant Size: $500 to $1,000
smART ventures is a Seattle-based, flexible small awards program that aims to encourage innovative ideas, create community impact, and provide new access for individuals and groups not served by their other programs. Planting small seeds can yield big outcomes. smART ventures seeks to widen arts and culture participation, particularly of diverse or underserved communities.
Key Project Goals (smART ventures projects will address one or more of the following):
- Audience Expansion: Will this project serve/reach underserved artists, communities or distinct audience? Does the project expand or diversify the audience for arts/culture?
- Innovation: Is this a project that provides a new or unique perspective on arts/culture? Is this project something that is innovative and out of the ordinary, using the arts in a distinct way?
- Community Impact: Does the project address a community need or build community through arts and culture?
smART ventures provides support in the range of $500 to $1,000 for projects, opportunities, events proposed by individuals, groups, organizations or communities.
- Individuals or groups of people – including youth and older adults – seeking support for a unique project, opportunity or event involving arts and culture and not currently funded by their office;
- Organizations – arts and culture and others – organizations do NOT have to have 501(c)(3) non-profit status:
- emerging (less than 3 years old), OR
- not currently funded by our office, OR
- grassroots or business organizations;
- Practicing artists not currently funded by our office and who have never received a CityArtist grant before.
For more information, visit City of Seattle.