The ArtsWestchester is inviting applications for the ReStart the Arts Grant Initiative to provide funding for new or existing projects or programs that provide work opportunities for artists and creative individuals as organizations work to recover from the pandemic.
Donor Name: ArtsWestchester
State: New York
County: Rockland County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/17/2021
Grant Size: $25,000
- Lead priority will be given to proposals that emphasize the hiring of creative professionals in the realization of the project, and those that incorporate a community engagement component.
- Secondary priority is given towards projects that engage creative professionals in efforts to rebuild audiences, but may not feature a direct community engagement element.
Type of Activities
- Contracted artist fees for exhibiting, performing, and teaching artists; curators, directors, set designers, and other creative workers (e.g. graphic designer); faculty and instructors.
- Fees for artists to develop and present programs that enhance either a new or previously-planned activity or program.
- Staff expenses for creative professionals engaged in the project.
- Commissioning new works.
Restart the Arts grants are set at fixed amounts, there is no predetermined number of awards available at each funding level. Organizations may apply for $2,500; $5,000; $10,000; $15,000; or $25,000. ArtsWestchester reserves the ability to award funding at a different level than what was requested.
To be eligible to apply for Restart the Arts funds, your organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have an operating budget revenue of at least $50,000 in FY2021.
- Been in operation and offering public programs since at least 2019, with a primary focus on arts and culture programming.
- Been previously funded by in any one of the following categories in at least two of the last three years (2019, 2020, 2021):
- ArtsWestchester funding – Basic Program Support, Project Support, Yonkers Arts Initiative, Mount Vernon Arts Initiative, or Arts Alive.
- Rockland County funding – County Tourism Office, or Office of the County Executive.
For more information, visit ReStart the Arts Grant.