Donor Name: Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
County: Davidson County (TN)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/10/2022
Grant Size: $300,000
Metro Arts’ Grants Program supports nonprofit organizations of all sizesthrough community arts grants. The grants program supports organizations engaged in work that addresses one or more of the community outcomes they seek to achieve:
- Stronger Creative Workforce
- Vibrant, Creative Neighborhoods
- Deeper Cultural Participation
Grant awards are not to exceed $300,000 for Basic Operating Support and $20,000 for Core Operating Support.
Operating Support grants support the general operations of arts-focused nonprofit organizations based in Metro Nashville-Davidson County. An arts-focused organization is one whose primary mission is to directly support the performance, exhibition, or instruction of art. The word ‘art’ here refers to a number of artistic genres including dance, folk + traditional arts, literary arts, media arts, music, performance art, theater, and visual arts. Please contact Metro Arts staff if you have questions regarding the definition of an “arts-focused organization.”
To receive an operating support grant from Metro Arts, the applicant must:
- Produce, present or directly support artistic programs, projects or works.
- Have a primary mission to directly support the performance, exhibition, or instruction of art.
- Be chartered in the state of Tennessee and tax-exempt under the IRS Code Section 501(c)(3).
- Have an IRS Letter of Determination with an effective date of exemption of January 1, 2020 or earlier for Core Operating Support and January 1, 2019 for Basic Operating Support.
- Have a business address that is located in Metro Nashville & Davidson County and operate most of its programs in Metro Nashville.
- Have evidence of non-discrimination employment and personnel practices in place.
- Maintain a fully completed and accurate GivingMatters.com profile.
For more information, visit Metro Arts Grants.