Sacramento Film + Media is committed to sustaining and growing film and television production in the City of Sacramento. The Film + Media Grant Program supports this aim by subsidizing permit fees and reducing the costs of safety personnel and qualified expenses for production companies when these activities occur in the City of Sacramento.
Donor Name: Film + Media Sacramento
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Sacramento Film + Media will award four $5,000 grants during each of three grant rounds between the period of October 15, 2021 through May 15, 2022. In each grant round, two grants will be made to applicants with budgets over $100,000 and two grants will be made to applicants with budgets $100,000 or below. One additional grant of $2,500 will be awarded per round for 75% of post-production done locally. Grant funds that remain available due to a lack of eligible applicants in the prior period will be rolled over to the next round. Grants will be for:
- Required services and permitting fees by City of Sacramento staff and/or departments, including police, fire, permit fees, parking fees (inter-department transfer of funds);
- Reimbursement awards where an applicant has demonstrated a need that exceeds City services support, where qualified expenses occur within the city (i.e., hotel nights, rental cars, rental equipment, location fees, catering, local hires, post-production, etc.); or
- Reimbursement awards for post-production support.
- The Sacramento Film + Media Grant program is open to productions filming at least 50% of the project in the Sacramento region with at least two locations in the City of Sacramento. It is also open to productions where 75% of post-production is done locally.
- Eligible productions include feature length films, short films, episodic television, television pilots, television movies/miniseries, documentaries, docuseries, commercials, music videos, and unscripted television.
- Production companies may apply for projects in more than one round but may only be awarded two grants in a twelve-month period, including a post-production grant. Applications must be submitted prior to physical production commencement to be considered eligible, except for post-production grants.
- Funding support for a grantee may be revoked at any time if it is determined that the production does not fit within the criteria of the Guidelines, or the applicant provided false or misleading information to the City.
For more information, visit Sacramento Film + Media Grant.