NextCycle Michigan’s Intergovernmental Initiatives & Public Private Partnerships (I2P3) teams are challenged to bring forward initiatives which will accelerate recycling and composting in their communities to support the growth of regional circular economies through collaboration and partnerships.
Donor Name: NextCycle Michigan
Counties: All Counties
Type of Grant: Awards and Prizes
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/07/2022
Prior to the open application period there will be opportunities for public and private sector entities to collaborate with the NextCycle Team to build partnerships and refine project ideas.
Teams accepted into the I2P3 Innovation Challenge Track will participate in an incubator experience designed to take their idea to the next level through:
- Individualized project plan development and assistance
- Access to public sector, industry and investment experts
- Focus on partnership building and public-private funding opportunities
- Consulting support
- Workshops, training modules and networking events
Who Should Join
Public entities are invited to lead teams either as the individual entity or collection of public and private entities. Members of teams collaborating on an initiative to improve regional recycling and composting access and recovery could include:
- Local governments
- Regional agencies
- Public works and sustainability departments
- Community foundations
- Tribal groups and organizations
- For-profit businesses
- Teams accepted into I2P3 should include at least one public sector entity who identifies as the lead for the project. This public entity could represent a town, city, county, solid waste authority, or similar. Teams should be addressing a local need and bring forward an initiative which can increase recovery and use of valuable materials.
For more information visit Intergovernmental Initiatives & Public Private Partnerships.