Donor Name: Terra Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/07/2021
Grant Size: $5,000 to $25,000
Funded projects are expected to:
- Address diverse makers and creative practices and communities that have not previously, or recently, been the subject of close study;
- Open up new contexts for thinking about Chicago’s art and design histories (and by extension US art and design histories) by bringing a diversity of voices and perspectives to the topic, and through interdisciplinary or comparative approaches, for example; and
- Bring attention to collections that are significant to Chicago’s art and design history, making these resources better understood.
- Convening organizers are encouraged to:
- Include individuals who bring knowledge from beyond the art and design history fields, and from places beyond Chicago and the United States; and
- Document and disseminate convening proceedings by publishing or posting papers online and/or by posting video recordings if appropriate.
Convening Grants range from $5,000 to $25,000.
The Terra Foundation only accepts proposals from institutions with United States 501(c)(3) status, and does not make grants to individuals. The Terra Foundation does not accept proposals for:
- Projects that focus on architecture, the built environment, or urban plan. Instead, the initiative focuses on aspects of Chicago’s art and design history that have received less scholarly attention.
- Capital expenditures.
For more information, visit Convening Grants.