The CIEE (Council On International Educational Exchange) has launched the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship program to explore the impact that effective leaders have had on social justice movements and critical peace and conflict resolution efforts around the world.
Donor Name: Council On International Educational Exchange
Country: Untied States
State: All States
Type of Grant: Fellowship
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/14/2022
Grant Size: $1,500
Frederick Douglass Global Fellows will explore conflict and injustice from various perspectives and the leaders who sought to affect positive change for their communities and their countries. Fellows will return to America with new perspectives on how effective leaders influence positive social change and inspired to be the catalyst for positive change in their communities and in the world.
This Fellowship is a fully funded summer study abroad program designed for students of color as part of CIEE’s commitment to open doors for all students from all backgrounds.
The sixth cohort of Fellows will be based in Dublin and follow in Douglass’s footsteps with visits across the country in summer 2022.
This grant is awarded to all qualified applicants of the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship who are not selected for a fellowship. Qualified applicants get $1,500 toward a CIEE program.
- Award will cover the full cost of travel to and from participation in a four-week, 3-credit study abroad program sponsored by CIEE.
- Sixteen (16) will be selected.
- Fellows are expected to present and share their study abroad experience with their campus community upon their return to campus
Frederick Douglass Global Fellows applicants must:
- Be a current undergraduate freshman, sophomore or junior
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident
- Identify as an ethnicity typically underrepresented on study abroad programs (e.g. American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander).
Items below should be submitted through the online application.
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or administrator at your institution
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Personal Video
For more information, visit CIEE.